Friday, August 26, 2016

Quotes about friendship

These are for my friends whom I hold close to my heart......I am blessed to know you. You light up my life and I could not imagine my life without you in it.


  • Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.   --Marcel Proust
  • A friend is what the heart needs all the time.   --Henry Van Dyke
  • A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.   --Walter Winchell
  • The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.   --Hubert H. Humphrey
  • I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun.   --Charles R. Swindoll
  • There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.   --Thomas Aquinas
  • A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world.   --Leo Buscaglia
  • True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost.   --Charles Caleb Colton
  • True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island... to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.   --Baltasar Gracian
  • There are no strangers here; only friends you haven't yet met.   --William Butler Yeats
  • A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.   --Jim Morrison
  • Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.  –Helen Keller



Living a small life

I read a short reflection today that made me think about several things. It said that we cannot shut ourselves away from the problems in the...