Saturday, January 24, 2015

A winter visitor outside my office window
































This fat little fellow landed on the sill outside my office window yesterday afternoon--the common blackbird. I had put out some bird food as I usually do during the winter months, which mostly attracts the magpies and the blue tits. For the first time, a blackbird found his way to my window sill, and I snapped a picture of him with my cell phone. Not the best picture, but it will have to do. He didn't seem to be at all bothered that people were staring at him from the other side of the window. He took his time eating and seemed to enjoy himself. I put out more food today, but he did not return. I hope he does next week.


The surreal world we live in

Holy Week for Christians starts on Palm Sunday (one week before Easter Sunday) and ends on Holy Saturday; it includes Holy Thursday and Good...