Saturday, March 21, 2015

A poem by Joy Davidman

Waltzing Mouse               

Impaled I was when I was born,
Caught upon time’s nether horn,
Murdered through and through with birth,                                                                
Cankered with corrupted earth …
Slick between my fingers run
Sands of time from sun to sun,
Grains of hunger and delight,
Diapered with dark and bright;
Kisses and confusions pass
Dribbling through the fat hourglass ….
And I skip from minute to minute
Each one with me buried in it,
And I see my bridges burn
Gold behind me as I turn,
And I see my painful track
Blotted out behind my back
Till I die as I was born,
Slain upon time’s other horn.
-----------------
written by Joy Davidman

Interesting viewpoint from Charles Bukowski

Charles Bukowski wrote this poem about rising early versus sleeping late..... Throwing Away the Alarm Clock my father always said, “early to...