Friday, September 4, 2015

A new poem for my brother

Moving on

Seven months have come and gone
Months you did not get to see
All the life that once was yours
Weeks gone by, life moved on

Thinking of you, not forgotten
But then there are those sudden thoughts
A hand grips tightly round my heart
Is life’s struggle all for naught?

Were your life and death in vain?
So unfair, your early exit
Left behind uncertain fates
And sad hearts that know of pain

Seven months have come and gone
Those in your life move on without you
I see you in my mind’s eye alone
I wish I could have protected you



copyright 2015
Paula M. De Angelis

The surreal world we live in

Holy Week for Christians starts on Palm Sunday (one week before Easter Sunday) and ends on Holy Saturday; it includes Holy Thursday and Good...