Friday, December 17, 2021

Christmas tree in front of Iladalen Church

Iladalen Church (Ila Church) is located in the vicinity of where we live in Oslo. It overlooks Iladalen park to the south which has recently undergone a major facelift. The church too has undergone some changes in the past few years. Thanks to an allocation of circa 1600 USD from the Sagene district local government and the parish itself in 2016, grapes, different bushes and cherry trees were planted, as well as a herb garden. I often walk by the church garden (klosterhage in Norwegian) on my daily walks.  

Winter brings its own beauty to the church and park. There is an evergreen tree near the parking lot and entrance to the church that is decorated with lights for Christmas. I happened to be walking home during the early evening a few days ago and I saw the Christmas tree lit up in the dark. It was a pretty winter scene that I thought I'd share with you. 



Queen Bee

I play The New York Times Spelling Bee  game each day. There are a set number of words that one must find (spell) each day given the letters...