Friday, August 30, 2013

Summer memories

As promised, photos of my recent trip to New York, Maryland and Virginia. As I was going through my photos, I realized once again how lovely my country is. The order of the photos follows the timeline in my previous post, Summer Moments in New York, Maryland and Virginia. Enjoy.

one of two reflecting pools at the Memorial site
The Survivor Pear Tree 

The new One World Trade Center
New Jersey skyline

The North Cove Marina in NYC

view of surrounding area in Gambrill State Park, Maryland

Hunting Creek Lake in Catoctin Mountain Park, Maryland

Hunting Creek Lake

A marsh in north Virginia--photo taken through train window
approaching New York City---photo taken through train window

New York City--photo taken from train
Garrison, New York, on the Hudson River

Garrison, NY

Guinan's Pub (the subject of Gwendolyn Bounds wonderful book 'Little Chapel on the River') in Garrison
Jim Guinan, owner of the pub, passed away in 2009

view of West Point across the river from Guinan's pub



the lovely Hudson River, facing north from the walkway

view of the Hudson River facing south from the walkway

Interesting viewpoint from Charles Bukowski

Charles Bukowski wrote this poem about rising early versus sleeping late..... Throwing Away the Alarm Clock my father always said, “early to...