Monday, January 3, 2011

Some wise words concerning New Year's resolutions

New Year's Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.
Mark Twain

Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.
Oscar Wilde

One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things.
John Burroughs

He who breaks a resolution is a weakling;
He who makes one is a fool.
F.M. Knowles

I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the year's.
Henry Moore

I made no resolutions for the New Year. The habit of making plans, of criticizing, sanctioning and molding my life, is too much of a daily event for me.
Anaïs Nin

New Year's Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time.
James Agate


Living a small life

I read a short reflection today that made me think about several things. It said that we cannot shut ourselves away from the problems in the...