Monday, January 24, 2011

"Sometimes Your Voice is not Enough"--from the song Silver Rider by Low (version by Robert Plant and the Band of Joy)


As those of you who know me know, I enjoy writing and reading poetry and am always on the lookout for poems and song lyrics that touch my soul. This song Silver Rider, by the band Low, is one such instance, and the version of the song by Robert Plant and his Band of Joy (2010) is simply one of those songs you have to listen to. I want to know who or what Low wrote it about. Who is the Silver Rider? The song is almost like an elegy. And yes, 'sometimes your voice is not enough' in life--it rings true to me. The song will stay with you long after you hear it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxPrwol5lJE). 



Silver Rider  (by Low)


At times I see you, you silver rider
Sometimes your voice is not enough
Your face in windows, outside forever
Nobody dreamed you'd save the world
Nobody dreamed you'd save the world

Your march is over, the great destroyer
She passes through you like a knife
Oh take me with you, you silver rider
Sometimes your voice is not enough
Sometimes your voice is not enough

The world we live in

 A little humor to brighten your day from one of my favorite comic strips-- Non Sequitur .......