Tuesday, October 11, 2011

An October sunrise in Oslo

I followed the sunrise this morning for some minutes. Some beautiful sunrises these days--lots of red and gold colors. I've also gotten some good shots of the moon; to the left of the moon I have been able to see what looks like a bright twinkling star. That's how clear and crisp the air is over the city--clear enough to see the stars. But this is not a star, it's a planet, and according to the astronomy websites I've checked, it's Jupiter. So that's pretty cool. I don't have a telephoto lens yet for my camera, otherwise I'd try to take a picture of it. The last time we saw a planet shining so clearly in the sky was back in 2003 in early August--and that was Mars at that time.






The world we live in

 A little humor to brighten your day from one of my favorite comic strips-- Non Sequitur .......