Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hot air balloon flying over Oslo

I happened to be looking out my kitchen window late this afternoon, and I saw a hot air balloon straight ahead of me. On closer inspection with my new telephoto zoom camera lens, I saw that it was a commercial balloon advertising the company Steria, an information technology company with headquarters in France. It has operations in many different European countries, including Norway. I took a fair number of photos as it ascended and descended; at one point, as it passed by close to our apartment building, I could actually hear the noise of the hot air as it was vented. The photos I took are somewhat misleading and interesting as a result, as some of them look as though the balloon was actually in contact with an apartment building, a suspended wire of some kind, and a chimney stack. I was pleased that I was able to get some good photos as it passed by us. Here are some of them:





























Living a small life

I read a short reflection today that made me think about several things. It said that we cannot shut ourselves away from the problems in the...