Friday, May 1, 2020

C.S. Lewis quotes


  • You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
  • We are what we believe we are.
  • True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.
  • Always prefer the plain direct word to the long, vague one. Don't implement promises, but keep them.
  • You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
  • Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.
  • God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world.
  • No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear.
  • Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.
  • Miracles do not, in fact, break the laws of nature.
  • We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.
  • I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
  • Look for yourself, and you will find in the long run only hatred, loneliness, despair, rage, ruin, and decay. But look for Christ, and you will find Him, and with Him everything else thrown in.
  • If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.

Queen Bee

I play The New York Times Spelling Bee  game each day. There are a set number of words that one must find (spell) each day given the letters...