· No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
· You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
· Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
· The word liberal comes from the word free. We must cherish and honor the word free or it will cease to apply to us.
· When you know to laugh and when to look upon things as too absurd to take seriously, the other person is ashamed to carry through even if he was serious about it.
· It is not fair to ask of others what you are not willing to do yourself.
· What is to give light must endure the burning.
· Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
· When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?
· Too often the great decisions are originated and given form in bodies made up wholly of men, or so completely dominated by them that whatever of special value women have to offer is shunted aside without expression.
· It was a wife's duty to be interested in whatever interested her husband, whether it was politics, books, or a particular dish for dinner.
· Friendship with oneself is all important because without it one cannot be friends with anybody else in the world.
· The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.